Decorating Romantic Bedrooms
Below, you’ll find a categorized list of the best ideas on how to decorate romantic bedrooms to create a more enchanting and romantic atmosphere.
Don’t worry, it’s not that hard, everyone can do it!
Take your time to choose the most appealing bedroom romance ideas, then go for it and make your bedroom look like a dream!
Now let us give you some romantic ideas on how to amaze you and your partner at the same time, with a nice bedroom makeover. We hope you’ll find them to be helpful. 🙂
Romance Ideas For Romantic Bedrooms – The Basics
- Keeping the bedroom always clean and uncluttered is the most important thing. Nothing can break the mood as quickly as a dirty, messy room.
- Use the right color combination to set the mood. Playing around with different colors is fun but take care not to overdo it.
- Your bedroom should be not only romantic but comfortable as well, so try not to overdo all the decorating. Leave enough free space and do not overcrowd the room.
- Get rid of the distractions like TV, computer, exercising equipment, kid’s toys, heaps of boring books, bills etc… Instead use fresh flowers, scented or unscented candles, massage oils, etc…
Tips For Romantic Bedrooms – Usual Romantic Ideas
- How about dim lights and (scented or unscented) candles for a fantastic bedroom romance?
- Bedrooms are not the right place to hang photos of the kids, grandma, grandpa, good friends etc… This part of the house should be only about you and your partner, so hang photos only of the two of you.
- Create a more appealing and interesting atmosphere by placing one or two full-length and several round-shaped mirrors on the walls.
“The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart.” – Helen Keller
- Hang romantic paintings on the walls. Buy paintings about summer, spring, love, sunset, full moon, sunny beaches etc… Whatever lifts your mood.
- Buy silk or satin bed sheets to give your bedroom a comfy, luxurious look.
- Lay large, soft round or heart shaped pillows on the ground and bed.
- Personalized pillows, towels, bed sheets and other gifts can add to the warmth and coziness of the room.
- Get a CD player and set the mood by playing soft romantic background music whenever you feel the need to relax.
- Set the mood with the right scents, but don’t get carried away!
- Hang long curtains around the canopy bed made out of silk, satin or other soft fabrics.
- Hang nice, bright rugs and/or curtains on the walls. Always try to give the room a warm and friendly feeling.
Romantic Bedrooms – Special Romance Ideas
- Scatter rose petals all over the room (on the bed sheets, pillows, the floor, etc…) You can think about doing it at least once in every three months. We’re sure this warm welcoming would brighten up your loved one’s day. You can check out this page for more creative romantic ideas.
- If you’re both sweet-toothed think about having a mini fridge in the bedroom full of wine, champagne, fruits, cookies, etc… Here are some recipes for romantic meals to help you get started.
- Enhance the romantic mood by having old oil lamps and antique lanterns in the room. Place them on the nightstands, tables, floor…
- Romance 101: Think about getting a canopy bed.
- Heat up your relationship with an electric or gas fireplace in the bedroom. If you’re looking for an easier solution then turn your TV into a wood-burning fireplace with a fireplace DVD!
- Replace your modern lamps with antique crystal chandeliers. Try to get one with a dim switch.
- If you both love reading, have a mini library in the corner. Put only your favorite books on the shelves.
- Place a nice mini fountain in the corner of the bedroom.