Eating right leads to a healthier life. While it is so simple an idea it not as easy as it sounds. Proper nutrition choices should be the main motivation for us home cooks.
This healthy recipe is fast, flavorful and nutritious and can easily be prepared within 30 minutes or less. Perfect when you get home from a long and tiring day at work and too drained to cook that big meal. This dish can be served as an appetizer or as a dessert. Strawberry-lemon salad is thoroughly refreshing with a balance of flavors that will surprise your palate: bitter, sweet, and sour. The rind of the lemon are sliced into thin strips and heated in sweet sugar syrup, then used to garnish the slices of strawberries. Lemon sauce is poured on the dish and a sprig of mint is used to decorate and add fresh flavor. It is also served with scoops of lemon sorbet making this ultra-invigorating. Add Macaroon pieces at the end of the recipe, which has already been prepared beforehand. You can also purchase macaroons in a pastry shop, create your own, or substitute it with other similar pastries. The starch will contrast to the fruits and give it a dry dimension.
Here is how to make this awesome healthy recipe.
Cooking Recipe Preparation time
• Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking Recipe Ingredients
• 6 lemons
• 0.55 lbs. strawberries
• 3.5 oz. sugar
• 0.33 lbs. pectin
• 4 scoops of lemon sorbet
• 8 macaroon pieces
Cooking recipe preparation instructions
1. Peel the 2 lemons.
2. Mince the lemon peels. Blanch in cold water and drain.
3. Preserve the lemon peels in a mixture of half water, half sugar.
4. Recover the lemon juice.
5. Add 0.33 lbs. sugar. Bring to boil.
6. Add the pectin, boil again, and skim (remove the mousse).
7. Wash and prepare the strawberries. Cut them into quarters.
8. For the presentation, spread the lemon sauce over the serving dish. Place a scoop of lemon sorbet on top of it and lay the strawberries around it. Decorate with some fresh mint leaves and preserved lemon peels.
This refreshing salad dessert can be combined with a sweet wine such as Maury’s vins doux naturels, which is made of Grenache grape varieties. This kind of wine is extremely fruity and will complement well with the sweetness of the strawberry, the bitterness of the lemon skins, and the sweet-sourness of the lemon sauce. While it is very simple to make, this dish has complex and intricately layered flavors that can be savored unhurriedly for superior enjoyment.