While starting the perfect steak for grilling there are a few items that come in handy to complete such a task, your first step is to choose the right steak for you, being your choice of course! I am going to use strip steaks to illustrate in this technique.
The technique for marinating is very simple when used with the Food Saver Vacuum Food Sealer with Smart Seal Technology and one of its accessories the Food Saver Quick Marinator 2.25, QUART Food Saver Quick Marinator is a 2.25 quart canister that vacuum marinates meat, vegetables and more in minutes and can also be used for convenient vacuum storage.
1/2 cup Worcestershire sauce
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
One tsp., liquid smoke.
One tsp., extra virgin olive oil.
One tsp., honey.
One tsp., crushed red chili.
Two large garlic cloves.
· Combine and Worcestershire soy sauce, vinegar, liquid smoke, oil, honey and chili sauce in a jug.
· Now peel and crush the Two large garlic cloves
· Place a funnel into a sterilized bottle such as a wine bottle, Pour in marinade. Secure lid for tips on securing look below. Label bottle.
· Note: Rice wine vinegar has a milder flavor and added with the liquid smoke gives a robust flavor and is less acidic than regular vinegar.
· Tip: This marinade can be used for beef, lamb, pork or chicken. Pour marinade over meat. Put in your Food Saver Quick Marinator 2.25 Cover and use your Vacuum Food Sealer with Smart Seal Technology for the perfect marinade, before cooking.
· Hint: Once marinade is in your sterilized bottle such as a wine bottle, then you can use your Food Saver 3-pack Bottle stoppers to vacuum pack for longer shelf life.
· Three TbS. Salt
· Four tsp. Brown Sugar
· Four tsp. White Pepper
· Four tsp. Black Pepper
· Four tsp. Garlic Powder
· Four tsp. Onion Powder
· Four tsp. Lawry’s Seasoned Salt
· Four tsp. Lawry’s Garlic Salt
· Combine Salt, Brown Sugar, White Pepper, Black Pepper, Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, Lawry’s Seasoned Salt, Lawry’s Garlic Salt together in your Kitchen Aid 5-Quart Stand Mixers bowel and mix on low for two min.
· Remove from bowl pour into a Ball Wide-Mouth Mason Canning Jar one Qt., using your recipe above follow Step seven from below.
· Remember to always label your jars.
Now for the step.
Step one: Place the steaks in a Food Saver Quick Marinator 2.25.
Step two: Pour some of the Quick Marinate from recipe above on each steak and spread it around with the back of a spoon. Use about a one tablespoon per steak, depending on the size of the steak; use enough so some will drip down the sides. The Quick Marinate will absorb into the steak.
Step three: Cover your FoodSaver Quick Marinator 2.25 Give it a minute or so to absorb into your steaks. You can now connect your Food Saver Vacuum Food Sealer with Smart Seal Technology and follow the instructions on the unit.
Step four: Now after you have done step three put them in the fridge for 10 to 20 min., or so while that is setting and chilling now would be a good time to go to step five.
Step five: Now you can take your bottle of Quick Marinate from recipe above and your Food Saver 3-pack Bottle stoppers to vacuum pack for longer shelf life, and put it away.
Step six: While you waited for your steaks to rest you may want to try the recipe below for the dry rub. Now you don’t need the dry rub you can grill them right now, but better is better.
Step seven: now that your steaks have had time to rest and you have made you dry rub take your steaks out and use paper towels to remove as much of the Quick Marinate from recipe above, clean out your Food Saver Quick Marinator 2.25 now sprinkle each side of your steaks with the Dry Rub and return them to your Food Saver Quick Marinator 2.25 and repeat Step three.
Step Eight: Now you put them in the fridge for one hour or so before grilling, or you can grill them now.