When you’re looking for delicious healthy breakfast recipes for weight loss, eggs are truly your best friend. Eggs are one of the most natural foods you can eat and also one of the best. A word of warning though: do not believe the hype and nonsense that too many eggs are bad for you. This is simply not true. Eggs are full of protein and healthy fats. That’s right healthy fats; they are full of good cholesterol, the type that can actually help you lose weight. Remember when choosing which eggs to buy to always try and buy organic free range eggs. The hens are much happier hens then the caged hens and the quality of eggs actually reflects this. If you cannot buy organic at least aim to buy free range. Here are two high protein, high healthy fat healthy breakfast recipes for weight loss.
1. Breakfast Bausti’s
• 3 medium-sized free range / organic eggs
• 40g courgette
• 60g slightly steamed cauliflower
• 60g cooked chicken
• Chilli flakes
1. Pre-heat oven to 180oC.
2. Chop everything into small pieces.
3. Fill 6 medium sized muffin cases to about half full with the chicken and the veggies.
4. Beat 2 of the eggs and add some chilli flakes then spoon the egg chilli mix equally into each muffin case and bake in oven for about 7 min.
5. Beat remaining egg.
6. Top up muffins with the remaining egg (reason for that is that the beaten eggs form a bit and then set during the baking process leaving space for the top up).
7. Bake for another 7 – 8min, serve on a bed of greens.
2. Asparagus Eggy Soldiers
• 2 Large free range/organic eggs
• 4 asparagus spears
• 1 teaspoon of coconut oil
• Sea salt
• Black pepper
1. Boil enough water in a pan to cover the eggs by 1 cm.
2. Once boiled, place the eggs gently into the water to avoid cracking – boil for 5 minutes for a soft consistency.
3. While eggs are boiling heat the oil in a frying pan and cook the asparagus spears for 2-3 min.
4. Place your eggs in an eggcup and serve asparagus soldiers to dip, season if need be.
Eggs are a perfect way to start your day, you should always aim to get protein in every meal and with eggs you get some of the best kind of protein available. These two healthy breakfast recipes for weight loss are excellent for anyone who follows a carb cycling and intermittent fasting type lifestyle. If that’s the case these two recipes would be great on the days you are not training.