Romantic Dinner Ideas
Are you looking for great romantic dinner ideas to help you spend a wonderful evening together?
On this page you’ll find some of the best dinner ideas to help you decide how and what to do for your partner to make it extra special.
Most of these ideas will probably take some preparation, but we believe the impact will be worth it.
Quickly read through them and then organize your own perfect romantic dinner, that none of you will ever forget!
Romantic Dinner Ideas – The Basics
- Obviously, the most important part of the preparation is to clean out the house, or at least the room where you’re going to eat.
- If you plan to have an unusual feast, first decorate the diner to set the mood for romance and love. Make it more appealing by placing fresh flowers like roses on the table. Place the vases on soft silk fabrics for more elegance. Go with as many flowers as you want, it’s almost impossible to get carried away.
- Put on nice dresses and wear appealing, elegant accessories. A romantic dinner is a great opportunity for girls to try out their favorite, new pretty dresses. Oh yes, and don’t forget about the compliments!
- Cover the table with elegant tablecloths. Use silk, satin or other soft fabrics to keep up the romantic mood.
- It’s very important to eliminate all the distractions from the room. Get rid of the TV, computer, (kids) and switch of the cell phones. Also, always keep dirty dishes out of sight; they can easily ruin the mood.
- Trying out new recipes might not be a good idea if you want to spend a romantic evening with your partner. Instead of experimenting with new tastes, prepare something you know you’ll both like. If you’d really like to try out something new, then first prepare it some days before to make sure it’s tasty and you can do it.
Special Romantic Dinner Ideas
- If you’re planning to give a gift to your partner after dinner, make sure to present it in an elegant way: Wrap it in nice, shiny wrapping paper and put it on a silver tray. You can scatter flower petals, small chocolate bars or strawberries and cherries around it.
- Serve the food and drink in crystal dishes and glasses to enhance the romantic atmosphere.
- Whether it’s a special occasion or not, scatter rose petals on the floor, leading from the door to the dining room. In all likelihood, these romantic dinners will have an incredible impact!
- If the weather’s ok, you don’t have to have the dinner inside the house; it’s much more romantic outside in the backyard, under the starry sky.
- Send an invitation to your partner the morning or day before the dinner. Either have it as a short message embroidered in their pillow (how elegant) or send them a bouquet of flowers with an attached card to their workplaces.
Romantic Dinner Ideas – Important Details
- Fold dinner napkins into hearts. No need to stop here: Personalize the napkins by writing romantic messages or quotes on them.
“I’m a romantic; a sentimental person thinks things will last, a romantic person hopes against hope that they won’t.” – F. Scott Fitzgerald
- Use candles for lighting instead of lamps, as they can add to the romance. It’s up to you whether you choose scented or unscented ones. If you’d like to go with scented candles always use harmonizing aromas, and don’t get carried away. Or experiment with floating candles as another option.
- Wine and champagne can easily increase the romantic feelings, especially if you take care of elegant (for example crystal) glasses.
- A dinner simply can’t be romantic without something sweet at the end, or at least that’s my opinion. It doesn’t have to be something extraordinary, simple ideas are usually better: Prepare something like pies, cakes, Strawberry or Cherry Whipped Cream, chocolate basket, fruit salad etc…
- Play soft romantic music in the background during the dinner. Take your time to find songs that you both like. Obviously, don’t play them too loud.
Romantic Dinner Ideas If It Wasn’t Enough
- Give your partner a small romantic gift before you start the dinner. Then – when you’re finished eating – give them something more meaningful. It’ll come as a greater surprise. You can find romantic meaningful gifts here.
- Don’t finish the romance after the dessert: Go dancing together in the living room, visit a nearby dance studio or try out something new. These romantic date ideas can definitely help you out.
- If you don’t want the romance to end, you can still spend some quality time together after the romantic dinner. Prepare some massage oil by the bed and give your partner a relaxing backrub or foot massage…