Creative Living Room Ideas
Aside from your kitchen, the living room is where most people spend their time while at home. Since the living room is where visitors congregate and where you watch TV, curl up with a good book, or just hang out, this space should express your own personal style and show off your creativity when it comes to furniture and decor. Here are some excellent ideas to make your living room stand out from the crowd and look its best:
- Accent a bland room with pops of color. Use brightly colored area rugs, artwork, poufs, and throw blankets to make the room expressive.
- Re-purpose old wooden pallets, crates, or even trunks by adding wheels to the base and a piece of glass over the top for a creative and functional coffee table.
- If fish are too high maintenance, make your own glass bowl terrarium and fill it with sand and succulent plants for a gorgeous accent piece.
- Instead of using traditional book shelves, use “floating shelves” on the walls to display your books and knickknacks.
- Mix and match wall art to include large pieces, framed artwork, canvases, and wall sculptures for an eclectic look.
- Buy a colorful storage ottoman that can serve as both extra seating and a place for you to store things like remotes, cables, and miscellaneous items.
- Use longer, ceiling to floor length curtains to make a window appear larger.
- Cute wall hooks by the front door make a nice neat place to hang sunglasses and keys while adding some extra spark to the room.
- Furniture does not have to match in order to make the room look good. Feel free to mix and match your pieces, combining them with a similar color palette, yet a different style.
- Mirrors always make any room appear larger. Hang a mirror anywhere you wish, giving the illusion of a larger space.
- Spruce up your old fireplace by adding glass tiles around it, for a new, modern look. Glass tiles and grout are fairly inexpensive and can make the focal point of your living room look refreshed.
- Buy stacking chairs that you can put away easily and then bring back out again for guests to maximize space.
The possibilities for a living room are literally endless. Incorporate your own style and personal touches to make your living area comfortable, functional, and creative. Experiment with new ways to store items like books and movies, and make sure your living room allows you to express yourself in a way that is uniquely you.